2009年8月11日 星期二

Schumacher calls off Formula One comeback

Michael Schumacher has revealed he won’t return to Formula One racing at the European Grand Prix later this month. Schumacher had planned to replace the injured Felipe Massa for Ferrari at the Valencia race, but has been forced to cancel his comeback due to pain in his neck, which was caused by a motorcycle accident earlier this year.

大舒表示他不會在這個月稍晚的歐洲GP站出賽,他先前計劃要代替受傷的Massa在瓦倫西亞出賽,但是因為今年稍早的摩托車意外讓他的頸部受傷而被迫取消復出。

“Yesterday evening, I had to inform Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo and team principal Stefano Domenicali that unfortunately I'm not able to step in for Felipe,” explained the seven-time world champion in a statement on his official website. “I really tried everything to make that temporary comeback possible, however, much to my regret it didn't work out.”

"昨天下午,我告訴法拉利總裁Luca di Montezemolo和車隊經理Stefano Domenicali很不幸的我不能替Massa出賽",這位七屆世界冠軍在他的官網聲明上解釋說,"我試過各種方法讓我可以暫時復出,無論如何很遺憾的是沒有成功"。

“Unfortunately we did not manage to get a grip on the pain in the neck which occurred after the private Formula One day in Mugello, even if medically and therapeutically we tried everything possible. The consequences of the injuries caused by the bike-accident in February, fractures in the area of head and neck, unfortunately have turned out to be still too severe.

"不幸的,在Mugello非官方測試後,我的脖子出現疼痛,而我們試過藥物和各種方法,但是都無法有效解決。結論就是疼痛來自於今年二月的摩托車事故,傷到頭部和頸部區域,並且已經更惡化了"。

“That is why my neck cannot stand the extreme stresses caused by Formula One yet. These are the clear results of the examinations we did on the course of the past two weeks and the final examination yesterday afternoon. As there were no improvements after the day in Mugello, I decided at short notice on Sunday to do that thorough examination already yesterday.

"這就是我的頸部無法承受F1賽車所產生的巨大壓力的原因,這就是過去兩週我們在賽道上測試和昨天下午的最後測試結果。在Mugello我們沒有得到任何進展,我在週日的簡短通知裡說明我會經由昨天的最後測驗來下決定"。

“I am disappointed to the core. I am awfully sorry for the guys of Ferrari and for all the fans which crossed fingers for me. I can only repeat that I tried everything that was within my power. All I can do now is to keep my fingers crossed for the whole team for the coming races."

"我感到很失望,我對法拉利的夥伴們和我所有的車迷感到抱歉,我只能在說一次我已經盡我所能,我現在所能做的,就是為車隊在接下來的比賽祈求好運了"。

沒有留言: