2009年4月5日 星期日

Malaysian Grand Prix - selected team and driver quotes

Brawn GP’s Jenson Button on the sodden end to his second consecutive victory; McLaren’s Heikki Kovalainen on his early exit; and BMW Sauber’s Nick Heidfeld on scoring his first points of the year. All 20 drivers and senior team personnel report back on Sunday’s rainy race action…

Brawn GP車手 Jenson Button 在比賽提早的情形下得到二連勝;McLaren 車手Heikki Kovalainen 開賽後馬上因事故退賽;BMW Sauber 車手Nick Heidfeld 今年第一次的分數進帳。以下是20位車手和車隊人員對周日的雨賽的反應...

Brawn GP
Jenson Button (1st): 

"What a crazy race! It was really exciting out there and I'm delighted that we came out on top today. I didn't have the best of starts and was surprised at the lack of grip on my side of the grid. I went in deep at turn one and got a big snap of oversteer which dropped me to fourth but I was able to get past Alonso at the end of lap one and overtake Trulli and Rosberg at the first pit stops. I was happy with the car and our pace was good but the weather really threw the race wide open. Choosing the tyres was difficult but we made the right calls at the right time, particularly when it started raining so hard and so quickly. I have to say a massive thank you to my engineer Andrew Shovlin who was on the podium with me today and the whole team for their work on the strategy and in the pits. Last weekend we said that we had a fairytale start to the season and I am so proud that has continued here."

"多麼瘋狂的比賽! 比賽很刺激,我很高興今天可以得到冠軍。我的起跑不是很好,而且我的起跑位置在抓地力差的那邊。我第一彎被阻擋住而跑太深,之後突然的轉向過度讓我掉到第四位,但是我在第一圈結束前還是超越了Alonso,在第一次的進站超過了Trulli 和 Rosberg。我對車子很滿意,速度也很好,但是天氣讓比賽變的難以控制,很難選擇換胎時機,但是我們還是在正確時機進站換胎,特別是雨來的又快又急。我要對我的工程師Andrew Shovlin 說非常感謝,他今天也一起和我站上頒獎台,也要感謝感謝車隊所有人在策略和進站工作上的努力。上禮拜我說我們有個神話般的開季,今天我很自豪這個神話延續到這一站"。

Rubens Barrichello (5th): 
"It was a great race today and I was really happy with how the car was performing in the dry in the first stint of the race. After a good start, I felt that I had the pace to catch up with the front-runners and score some good points. Unfortunately once the conditions started to deteriorate, we lost a little too much time on my side of the garage with the pit stops which cost me a few places. However the important thing is that the car is going great and we have proved that it is competitive at different types of track. Congratulations to Jenson and the team for maintaining our fantastic start to the season and I look forward to continuing the challenge in Shanghai."

"今天比賽很棒,我很滿意車子在比賽開始時乾地上的表現。在不錯的起跑後,我發現我的速度可以趕上領先的車手並且拿到些積分。不幸的是狀況開始轉壞,我們在進站時我犯了錯浪費不少時間讓我損失了幾個位置。無論如何,重要的是車子很棒,我們也證明了在不同類型的賽道它還是很有競爭力的。恭喜Jenson和車隊延續了開賽的完美成績,而我也期待上海賽道的挑戰"。

Ross Brawn, team principal:
"A fantastic team performance today and a thoroughly deserved second victory of the season for Jenson and the team. It was an eventful race to say the least and I am pleased with how quickly we were able to react to the changing conditions to maintain the lead that Jenson had achieved in the first stint of the race. However it was not perfect as we could have had both cars in the top three if we had been a little bolder in bringing the drivers in for their third stops for intermediate tyres. We are delighted to have had such a successful start to the season with two pole positions and two victories in the opening races. You can't ask for more than that and it is a credit to the talent, attitude and dedication of our team that we have been able to achieve such results."

"今天車隊運作狀況良好,Jenson和車隊的表現值得獲得這個賽季的第二個分站冠軍。這是一場變化多端的比賽,我很高興車隊對於比賽狀況的應變迅速,才得以保住Jenson在第一段後得到的位置。這場比賽結果並不完美,如果我們可以更大膽的在第三次進站換上半雨胎的話,我們有機會讓兩台車都在前三名。我們很高興有如此成功的開季成績,在開季後得到兩個竿位和兩個分站冠軍。這樣的成績還能在要求什麼呢? 這樣的成果是所有車隊人員的天賦、態度和奉獻所得來的"。

BMW Sauber
Nick Heidfeld (2nd): 

“I’m obviously very happy to be second after starting from tenth. It was a really extreme and challenging race today. I had a good start but also quite a heavy car, which meant racing was not easy for me. When it was obvious it would rain soon I pitted seven laps earlier than planned, and we decided to go on full rain tyres. They wore down quickly because the heavy rain didn’t come. The team kept telling me ‘stay out, heavy rain expected’, but the tyres felt almost like slicks. For those laps intermediates would have been much quicker, but who could know that. When it finally poured down it was the right decision to stop the race. It was absolutely impossible to drive. I spun behind the safety car, not only because of aquaplaning with the tyres but also with the underfloor. I’m happy for our team that we can now bring home at least one proper result from the first two races of the season.”

"明顯的,我非常高興可以在第十位出發後得到第二名。今天的比賽真是非常極端和有挑戰性的。我起步很好可是車子載油很重,這真的很不容易。當很明顯地知道馬上會下雨後,我比計畫中早了七圈進站,而且我們決定換上全雨胎。因為預期的大雨沒出現,所以輪胎磨損的非常快。車隊告訴我就要下大雨了,繼續待在場上,但是輪胎開起來就像溜冰一樣。在那幾圈之間,半雨胎的速度會快很多,不過誰知道會這樣呢? 當最後終於下大雨了,停止比賽是非常正確的作法,當時完全不可能在賽道上開車。我在安全車後打滑,不只是因為輪胎而且還有浮水效應。我很高興我們至少帶回了我們開季這兩場比賽應有的成績"。

Robert Kubica (DNF): 
“When I started on the formation lap, my engine produced strange noises and there was very little power. I started the race, which under the circumstances was not easy, and continued to drive. I asked my team what I should do, but before I got an answer the car caught fire and I stopped.”

"當我在暖胎圈時,我的引擎發出奇怪的聲音,動力也只有一點。之後我開始比賽,在那種情況下真的很不容易,但我繼續開。我問車隊我應該怎麼處理,但是在我得到答案前我的車就著火了"。

Mario Theissen, BMW Motorsport director:
“The race was as chaotic as we expected based on the weather forecast. For Robert, the race was already over at the start because his engine didn’t respond to the throttle. According to an early analysis the reason was a leakage in the pneumatic system. Because of the weather forecast we put Nick on a heave fuel load. This enabled him to stay out until the rain started. He switched to rain tyres at the right moment and was able to finish the race. In extremely difficult conditions he managed to achieve the best possible result. Compliments go to Nick and the whole crew, who worked without any mistakes.”

"比賽狀況就如天氣預報預期中的混亂。對Robert 來說,比賽在剛開始就結束了,他的引擎對於油門沒有反應。根據之前的分析,原因可能是氣動系統有發生洩露。因為天氣預報,我們對 Nick 採取重載油策略,這可以讓他一直在場上直到開始下雨。他在正確時機換成雨胎讓他可以完成比賽。在最艱難的情況下他做到了最好的結果,要稱讚 Nick 和工作人員的表現,他們沒有出任何的差錯"。

Willy Rampf, head of engineering:
“This was not a race for poor nerves! For Robert, the GP was over at the start. That’s a shame, because he was in a strong position. Nick started on a heavy fuel load. The strategy to leave him out for a long time paid off. This was brave, but in the end it worked out. In very difficult conditions he managed to keep the car on the track and to capture a podium finish. Compliments are due to the whole team who worked perfectly in chaotic conditions.”

"心臟不夠力的人不適合這場比賽! 對 Robert而言,比賽在開始就結束了,非常可惜,因為他起跑位置很好。Nick 用重載油起跑,這樣的策略要讓他可以留在場上較久,這是很冒險的策略但是最後是成功的。在非常艱難的情況,他努力的讓車子維持在賽道上最後終於上頒獎台。要稱讚整個車隊在如此混亂的情況下還是表現完美"。

Toyota
Timo Glock (3rd): 

"It is fantastic to be back on the podium and I am really happy for the whole team. It was a really tricky race. I started third and was eighth at the end of the first lap. I struggled a bit behind the guys in front of me in dry conditions but I made the right call on the intermediate tyres; I said let's just take the risk and go for it. It was a long time before the rain really came down and I was not sure what everyone else was doing. They were struggling on the wets but I was really quick and I made up a lot of positions. When the rain came down I had to go to heavy wets because my tyres were destroyed. I was going well on them and it was unlucky that they declared the results based on the order at the penultimate lap because I could have had second. When the red flags came out I was second but I'm still happy with the result."

"再次站上頒獎台真是太美妙了,我為整個車隊感到高興。這真是場微妙的比賽,我在第三位起跑,跑完第一圈後在第八。在地還是乾的時候,我和在我前面的人有一番競爭,但是我在正確的時機進去換中性胎 ;我說就讓我們來大膽冒險吧。在真正下大雨前的時間非常漫長,我不知道其他的車隊是如何盤算。其他人在濕地上很掙扎,但是我的速度很快也上升了好幾個位置。當下大雨之後,我必須去換全雨胎,因為我的中性胎已經到極限了。我的全雨胎表現很好但是不幸的是賽會宣布以比賽中斷前一圈的成績為結果,如果不是如此我可以得到第二名,當發出紅旗時我在第二位,但是我還是很高興可以拿到第三名"。

Jarno Trulli (4th): 
"I am happy for the team. I feel a bit unlucky this weekend - I missed pole position by a tenth and it could have been an even better result for me. It was a good race and it was certainly eventful. I was pushing at the front and fighting with Rosberg for the lead. Actually I was struggling a bit with traction but it was very close. Then the rain came and the team chose to go with heavy wets, which was the more conventional strategy. I was the quickest car on the heavy wets but that was not enough because the tyres went after two laps. Timo was on the intermediates at that stage and that worked out better for him. I was a bit unlucky but strategy is always easier in hindsight and I don't want to blame anyone. It is a pity to just miss out on the podium but it is another very good result for the entire team."

"我為車隊感到高興。我覺得我這禮拜不太幸運-我和竿位只差了0.1秒而在比賽中我可以拿到更好的成績。這是一場很好的比賽而且狀況非常多。,比賽開始,我在領先群裡和Bosberg 爭第一位,事實上,我有點循跡性的麻煩但還是和Rosberg 旗鼓相當。之後開始下雨了,車隊選擇換上全雨胎,這是比較保守的策略。我那時是場上用雨胎最快的車子,但是這樣不夠,因為在兩圈後輪胎就衰退了。Timo在那時用的是中性胎,而讓他表現更好。我不太走運但是事後諸葛總是比較容易,所以我不會歸罪給任何人。錯失頒獎台有點可惜不過對整個車隊也是不錯的結果了"。

Tadashi Yamashina, team principal:
"I am very proud of the team's efforts today because it is fantastic to get another podium and it shows how competitive we are this season. It was an extremely challenging race for the team but everyone did their best and was professional even in those difficult conditions. It is disappointing for the fans that the race could not continue as scheduled due to the weather but there was nothing that could be done. We have shown again today that we are really fighting at the front this season and I am obviously hoping we can continue this very good performance in the Chinese Grand Prix as well."

"我對車隊的成果感到自豪,再次上頒獎台太好了,這也表現了我們這一賽季的競爭力。這一場比賽非常具挑戰性,即使在這樣的情形下,每個人都做到最好和最專業。對車迷來說,比賽不能如時間表中的繼續比賽是很失望,但是那時也沒辦法做什麼。我們再次展現我們在這季正努力爭取領先的信心,我也期望我們可以保持這樣的競爭力去上海站"。

Red Bull
Mark Webber (6th): 

“The guys made the best call to stop the race when they did. It would have been nice to have had some more laps to give us a crack at getting on the podium - but that's how it is, so I've got mixed emotions. It's dark now (7pm), so it was the right call not to make a re-start. I'm not so sure you can blame the time of day for today's conditions, as the weather was bad at 3pm too. It seems it was just one of those days. It's been the mistiest and coolest day I've ever seen in Malaysia for race day.”

"主辦單位在正確的時間做出停止比賽的判斷。如果能多跑幾圈讓我們有機會上頒獎台也很好,但是情況就是這樣,所以我的心情很複雜。現在天色已經很暗了(下午七點),所以結束比賽是正確的,而不是重新開始。我不確定今天的狀況你可以歸罪在比賽時間上,天氣在下午三點時就很不好了,看起來就跟平常一樣,但這是我在馬來西亞遇過最矇矓、最冷的比賽天"。

Sebastian Vettel (15th): 
“Not so much to tell. I was on the intermediate tyres and they were pretty gone as it wasn't very wet before the sudden pour down. I was approaching Turn seven and there was suddenly lots of water, but I was being very cautious. I lost the car due to aquaplaning and there was nothing I could do. There was too much water and my tyres were not made for those conditions. A spin wouldn't have been much of a problem, but the anti-stall didn't work. Without that, I would just have spun, lost some time and that would have been it. In the past drivers had three pedals, a throttle, a brake and a clutch and when you were spinning you knew exactly what to do. It's not in our hands anymore, so it's a shame that we have to retire for this stupid reason.”

"沒有太多好說的。我用的是中性胎,而它們在下大雨前就已經磨損了。我接近第七彎,我也非常謹慎,而那裡突然出現積水,我因為浮水效應失去控制,那時我沒辦法做出任何補救。那裡水實在太多了,我的輪胎無法應付這樣的狀況。打滑也不是太糟的問題,但是防熄火裝置沒有發揮作用。如果不是這樣,我只是打滑出去、損失一些時間如此而已。在過去車手有三個踏板,油門、煞車和離合器,當你打滑時你知道你應該要做什麼。但是現在這不由車手控制,所以我們必須因為這個愚蠢的原因退出比賽"。

Christian Horner, team principal:
“The rain was always going to come, it was just a question of when. Unfortunately it started with drizzle, followed by heavy rain. We got both drivers onto full wets at the earliest possibility and we then put Sebastian onto intermediates. Just before the heavy rain came, he was the quickest car on the track at the time but unfortunately he spun on his in-lap to get extremes and the anti-stall didn't catch the engine, so that was the end of his race. Mark made a pit stop for intermediates just before it started to rain heavily and then pitted again for the extremes. If he would have completed that lap, we believe he would have been third in the running order. However, the count back, classifies us sixth.”

"雨是一定會下,只是時間早晚的問題。不幸的是一開始只有毛毛雨,之後才下大雨。我們在最早的可能時間上讓兩台車都換上雨胎,之後 Sebastian 在下大雨前又換上半雨胎,他那時是場上最快的車,但是不幸的是他在進站要換全雨胎的那圈打滑了,而防熄火裝置沒有保持引擎運作,這樣就結束了他的比賽。Mark 在下大雨前進站換了半雨胎,之後再進站換全雨胎,如果他有跑完那圈,我們相信他在車陣中有第三名。無論如何,圈數倒算回去,我們得到第六名"。

McLaren
Lewis Hamilton (7th): 

“All I could do was try and keep the car on the track. It was the correct decision to stop the race because it was just too dangerous for everyone. I love it when it rains, but this was just too much.”

"我所能做的就是保持車子在跑道上,停止比賽是正確的決定,因為對所有人來說都太危險了。我喜歡雨戰,不過這真的太多了"。

Heikki Kovalainen (DNF): 
“My start was okay. I was taking it quite carefully and was trying to slot in behind Lewis, then I just lost the rear and spun out. It was my mistake. Game over.”

"我的起跑還可以,我很小心並且試圖跟進在Lewis後面,接著我後輪失去抓地力而打滑,這是我的錯,比賽就沒了"。

Martin Whitmarsh, team principal:
“The extremely changeable dry-wet conditions made today’s race a very challenging one for all competitors - but, as ever, Lewis’s ability shone brightly in the gathering gloom and the race brought another really impressive performance from him. He kept his head throughout, and the result was a hard-earned point for seventh place. That may not sound like a great deal by our usually high standards - but, given where he started, it’s a step in the right direction. Overall, then, in testing conditions the team did a great job - as did Lewis.”

"極端的由乾到濕的天氣情形讓比賽對其他人很有挑戰性,但是一如往常,Lewis 的能耐在一片陰霾中帶來一線曙光,比賽也引出他另一面令人印象深刻的能力。他始終保持腦袋清晰,結果是辛苦得來的第七名積分。這樣的成績跟以往的高標準來說不是很划算,但是考慮到他起跑的位置,這是方向正確的一步。總而言之,在目前測試的情形下,車隊和Lewis 都做的很好"。

Norbert Haug, vice-president, Mercedes-Benz Motorsport
“A race like a battle. Despite starting from the sixth row on the grid, Lewis was in good shape - and everybody who kept his car on the track in these conditions was a hero today. Congratulations to Jenson Button and Brawn GP on the second consecutive win with Mercedes power; which he both achieved from pole position.”

"比賽就像作戰一樣。儘管在第六排出發,Lewis 還是表現良好,每位在這樣的比賽狀況下還是努力協助他的車隊人員都是今天的英雄。恭喜Jenson Button 和 Brawn GP 用 Mercedes 引擎連續取得竿位和分站冠軍"。

Williams
Nico Rosberg, Williams (8th): 

“I took the lead off the start and it is a while since Williams have been out the front on pure performance and I have to thank the engineers for that. The car was going really well and I showed my ability to consistently push on each lap and open the gap to those behind me. And then the rain came and unfortunately the situation just didn’t go our way. But we got something out of the day and our car is right up there, so we will be looking to get the points we deserve next time out.”

"我在開跑後取得領先,我們展現了我們是真正有競爭力的,我要為此感謝我們的工程師。車子狀況很好,每一圈我都可以盡情發揮,跟後面的車子拉出差距。之後開始下雨,而不幸的,情況不如我們預計的一樣。不過今天我們還是有點收穫,我們的車表現很好,所以我們會繼續展望下一場去贏得我們應有的分數"。

Kazuki Nakajima, Williams (12th): 
“I had wheelspin of the line and I dropped quite a few positions to the KERS cars around me, and I ended up behind Piquet and I struggled to get past. This affected my plan as I dropped quite a lot of time behind him and then of course the weather came along and it was impossible to make a totally correct decision with the changing conditions. It was the right thing ultimately to red flag the race and it was no surprise that we didn’t restart.”

"我在起跑時輪子有些打滑,無法擺脫有KERS的車子讓我掉了幾個位置,最後排在Piquet後面,我努力的要超過他,在他後面讓我損失很多時間,之後就下雨了,在那樣多變的情況下不可能做出非常正確的決策。正確的事就是最後出了紅旗,沒有重新比賽也不讓人意外"。

Sam Michael, technical director:
“It was a great start from Nico and he continued a good performance in the dry in the first stint. When the weather came, we made the same tyre choices as the cars around us, including the Brawns and Trulli, but they gained more from their stops than us.”

"Nico 的起跑很棒,在第一段的乾地上他繼續保持高水準的表現。當開始下雨,我們輪胎的選擇和我們的對手一樣,包括Brawn GP 的車和 Trulli 的車,但是他們從進站策略方面得到比我們更多的優勢"。

Toro Rosso 
Sebastien Bourdais (10th): 

"Round about Lap 18, we were running low on fuel so we were hoping for rain before the end of the first stint. It didn't come quite in time and we gambled on extreme wets as heavy rain was expected, but instead it was more like drizzle, so we changed again to intermediates. Then the rain really came and I had to come in again for extremes and after that, the race was stopped. It was a shame, as it seemed we were pretty competitive in these very changeable conditions. I would have liked to restart, as it might have been an opportunity to pick up points, even if only half-points."

"大約第18圈,我們的載油已經快用完,所以我們祈禱在第一次進站前開始下雨。但是沒有發生,所以我們賭了一把換上全雨胎,期望雨可以很快來臨,但是沒有大雨只有毛毛雨,所以我們再換成半雨胎。之後真的下大雨了,我只好再次進站換成全雨胎,出來之後就停止比賽了。真是很可惜,我們在這多變的狀況裡的表現看來還是很有競爭力。我期望可以重新起跑,這可能讓我們有機會拿到積分,即使只有一半也好"。

Sebastien Buemi (16th): 
"We were really going well and I think I was around P7 or 8 and the plan was to come in on the following lap, but then I went off at Turn 5. The extreme tyres were completely gone, like driving on slicks and I slowed down, but obviously not enough for the amount of water, so I spun, went into the gravel and stalled. We were competitive in terms of speed at some stages, running in the top six lap times, even though I was running last, having had to come in to change the nose. I think one of the Force India cars pushed me wide at the exit of the last corner and I ran over something that broke the front wing. I am disappointed as the spin at the end was my mistake and it is on days like this that we should have picked up some points."

"我們表現很好,我想我那時在第七或第八位,打算在下一圈進站,但是我在第五彎衝出跑道,全雨胎那時已經完全磨損了,開起來就像溜冰所以我減慢速度,但是明顯的,遇到一堆水時還是不夠慢,所以我就打滑了,困在碎石堆而且熄火了。我們的速度很快很有競爭力,在一些時段裡,圈速時間在前六名裡,即使我因為要進站更換鼻翼而在最後一位。我想一輛 Force India 賽車在出最後一彎時推擠到我,我跑開了然後壓到些東西讓鼻翼受損了。我對最後的打滑很失望,那是我的失誤,今天我們原本可以像之前一樣得到些積分的"。

Renault
Fernando Alonso (11th): 

“We made a good start from P9 to P3 and after that we had to defend our position because we were slow. This part of the race was interesting and it was difficult to decide what tyre to take when we made our stop because we didn’t know how heavy the rain would be. We stay optimistic for the next race in Shanghai and we remain determined to continue fighting for the championship.”

"我們起跑很好,從第九位上升到第三位,之後就努力防守因為我們的速度是比較慢的。比賽的這部份是很有趣的,而且很難決定進站時該換何種胎,因為我們不知道雨會有多大。我們對上海站保持樂觀,我們也繼續計畫在比賽中奮戰"。

Nelson Piquet (13th): 
“Just before the red flag it was impossible to drive; really difficult to hold the car. We tried to call the right decision at the right time and there is nothing more we could have done in these conditions. The balance of the car was good, but the grip on the track was quite low, although we had a good start to the race. We have learnt a lot again this weekend and I now need to get ready for the next race.”

"在出紅旗前的情況根本沒辦法駕駛車子,很難控制車子。我們試著在正確的時間做正確的進站指示,這是這種情況下我們所能做的。車子的平衡很好,我們起跑很好,但是賽道的抓地力很差。我們這週末學到很多,我現在要為下一場比賽作準備"。

Pat Symonds, executive director of engineering: 
“I suppose in many ways the heavy rain is no surprise to anyone who knows the area, but it brought some interesting elements to the race. In the early part of the race the value of the KERS system certainly showed, but as in Australia we still need to find performance from the car in other areas.”

"我猜下大雨對那些熟悉當地的人不會感到訝異,但是下雨對比賽帶來了些有趣的因素。在比賽初期KERS的價值是顯而易見的,但是就如澳洲站一樣我們要繼續在車子其他方面開發潛力"。

Remi Taffin, head of engine operations: 
“Today we are disappointed. The race was challenging and we tried our best to adapt, but the weather was so difficult to predict. We knew it was going to rain, but we didn’t think it would be so heavy. However, I didn’t expect the race to be stopped. We now have to work hard, but I feel we have taken a step forward since Melbourne, as shown by our strong start to the race.”

"今天我們很失望。比賽很有挑戰性,我們盡最大努力去應變,但是天氣實在太難以預料。我們知道會下雨,但是不知道會如此的大。無論如何,我不指望比賽終止。我們現在正努力的工作,這場比賽優秀的起跑,表現了我們自墨爾本到現在的進步"。

Force India 
Adrian Sutil (17th): 

“When the rain started it was very difficult and just about impossible to drive. We were in second or first gear at 20km/h and even then we were sliding around the circuit. It was unbelievable, so it was a good decision to stop the race. It was a bit of a shame that it couldn't be restarted as I think we would have had a good chance in the wet conditions. In the end though it was too dark to restart. Looking forward to Shanghai, I want to get another weekend with no problems: let's improve our pace and look for some downforce, and carry our momentum forward.”

"當開始下雨,非常難幾乎不可能開車。我們打在一或二檔,時速20公里,之後還是一樣在賽道上打滑。真是難以相信的情形,所以停止比賽是個正確的決定。沒有重新起跑有點可惜,我想我們在雨戰下有機會可以拿到好成績。在比賽結尾,天色已經太暗了無法重新比賽。展望上海站,我希望可以有一個順利的週末:讓我們證明我們的進步、增加下壓力、帶著我們的衝勁向前進"。

Giancarlo Fisichella (18th): 
“Unfortunately we made a wrong call to change to extreme wets very early on. We came in too early and I did three or four laps under dry conditions so we destroyed the tyre. Then it was raining and the grip was getting better and better but there was just so much water and the tyres were almost slicks so I could not control the car, it was just aquaplaning. It was not a good race for us, unfortunately we had a wrong strategy but we will see for the next race.”

"不幸的,我們太早進站換全雨胎。我們太早換胎,使我在乾地上跑了三、四圈,所以輪胎就毀了。之後開始下雨,抓地力開始上升,可是賽道上太多水,輪胎非常滑溜讓我無法控制車子,就像滑水一樣。我們這場表現不好,我們的策略錯誤,但是還是展望下一場比賽"。

Dr Vijay Mallya, chairman and team principal:
“Today in Malaysia we had almost unprecedented conditions and we took a risk with the strategy. Unfortunately the rain we expected - which you can normally bank on coming - didn't come soon enough and Giancarlo was unfortunate enough to be returning to the pits for a new set of extreme tyres when the rain hit hardest. As a team we will learn from this as we move forward to China and Bahrain. We're growing in confidence and potential all the time so we just need a good race to demonstrate it.”

"今天在馬來西亞我們遇到可說是史無前例的情況,而且我們用了冒險的策略。不幸的,我們預期的雨-還是可以開車的程度,沒有很快的降下來。Giancarlo 很慘的是當雨下很大的時候要進站換一套新全雨胎。我們在這其中學到很多,我們會繼續在中國和巴林努力。我們隨時都是有自幸的成長中,並且也很有潛力,我們只需要一場好比賽來證明"。

沒有留言: